I’ll start with understanding clearly what I want to achieve.
- What do I want my reader to “take away” after reading my writing?
Create a workable plan that will achieve that / those result(s)
- What progression of content (to be created or curated / cited) will create that line of reasoning and shift in mental model?
- What could make it most compelling?
- Where shall I put this contribution / artifact?
Create an artifact with this plan.
- The plan is a set of TODO items for the artifact
- This plan is metacontent.
- As sections of content get created, the metacontent can be “checked off” and made invisible
- The metacontent can evolve as the content evolves. It’s essentially the “backlog” for the content creation project
- Appendix / Final section: Where this document exists on the Internet. What single location is authoritative?
Once the metacontent has dwindled to “nothing”, the document / artifact is DONE.